Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Collections Warning Letter

Options
  • 12-08-2023 11:52pm

I have recently closed my account with Bord Gais and received my final bill in July. I was under the impression that it would be paid automatically as that was how all my previous bills had been paid. Turns out that wasn’t the case because I have received a collections warning. I have been away since 2 August, and their letter was dated 27 July (they seem to allow 5 days to pay this) but I obviously didn’t meet this because the letter arrived after that date. I come this evening and immediately pay the bill upon reading the letter. I’m not paranoid that the debt collectors have been contacted. I have emailed Bord Gais about this, confirming that the bill has been paid, etc… Just wondering if anyone else has any experience like this?

Tagged:

Advertisement