Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ZV Reg and Brown log book

Options
  • 12-08-2023 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Folks

I've picked up an '84 GTV6. It was imported in '91 so has the original brown log book. I'd like to change it over to a ZV plate. If I do, can I retain the original logbook?

Donal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Higgsie

Ok, thanks, is that from experience or an educated guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Educated guess. I don't think you can scribble out details and add new ones. Back in the day maybe but I wouldn't think so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Presume you’ve 84-C-1234 or similar? ZV are all 5 digit now You’ll end up with ZV 12xxx, which doesn’t look the best, to me anyway.

Given that the car has worn that plate for 32 years I wouldn’t be quick to change it, it’s part of the history of the car at this stage. It was also a ‘cheat’ people used back then, get 84-D etc and at a quick glance people would think it’s a post 1987 car.

My two cents, I’d leave it as is and get some white pressed steel plates or similiar, no EU badges and it’ll look very subtle.

On your main query, I remember it being asked here years ago and you do have to surrender the brown book to change regs.

Cui bono?

Advertisement