Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spouse Citizenship Query

Options
  • 11-08-2023 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I have been married for a decade, counting from August 10, 2013, I got my Irish citizenship this year in June 2023, and I am interested in knowing if my wife meets the requirements for citizenship application "Adult application based on married Irish Citizen" category. does my wife qualify under this category? or alternatively, should she consider applying for citizenship by naturalization based on her 5-years residency in the country? It's worth noting that she satisfies the eligibility criteria for both options. My main objective is to expedite the application process, considering that my own application took approximately 3 years. This decision is pivotal as I intend to submit citizenship applications for my wife and our children simultaneously. Your guidance on the most efficient approach is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

It’s easier for her to apply for Naturalization based on her 5 years residency.

If she applies for Irish citizenship through Marriage then she has to send in all the proof of address etc for both you and herself. The other way she’s just sending it in regard of herself.

Advertisement