Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire Packet Loss Siro 1GB

Options
  • 11-08-2023 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anybody experiencing packet loss with airwire?

Have replaced all Cat 6 runs and tried multiple routers even replaced my motherboard and I get packet loss every evening without fail most noticeable between 6pm to midnight.

Airwire have tested my line and say there is no loss.

If I use PingPlotter I can see packet loss on 2 of their hops but they recon by the final hop its not affecting me.

I’m losing my mind it makes gaming impossible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Best to start to isolate the issue. If Airwire state there are no issues on their side, then get some IP addresses of devices on your own network (wired and wireless) and when you suggest you see packet loss, start to pinging those from a command line on a computer you are seeing that loss.

If you get no loss on your local network, then start to look towards the ISP. You should have a WAN gateway address when you get IP details from your ISP on your router. Focus on that for ping tests rather then websites.

If you are getting packet loss after a certain time and its on the ISP end, there is a chance of congiestion or that segment of the ISP network being oversubscribed. You can see if a neighbour close to you with the FTTH Airwire service to see if they also see the same issues, that might give your more proof. If it suggests its an ISP issue, then as its a FTTH connection - move to another provider :) cheaper 1Gbps FTTH packages out there than Airwire here.

Best of luck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Show us the pingplotter outputs. This could be just a case of ICMP packets being dropped on interim hops, and not in itself evidence of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

I've had the same problem from their rural FTTH product.

00:00 - 16:30 = Perfect connection

16:30 - 00:00 = 2 - 10% packet loss while gaming with it being at its absolute worst around 21:00

The following from community counterstrike 2 servers in completely different locations. France, Spain and Germany

The Google and Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Just for anyone who may be reading this in the future. I got no replay to my email to Airwire so I moved provider and the packet loss issue at peak times is solved.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Yeah I've been having similar problems with Digiweb. Not as consistently severe as that but there's been some bad weeks. I contacted them at the end of Week 46 and they substantially resolved it for 2 weeks before I had issues again Week 49. Grand again this week really now. Looks like contention issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement