Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towbar and AL-KO with AKSStabilser

Options
  • 11-08-2023 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I got a new tow bar fitted which was painted and towed my Venus Lunar 550/4 from Bilbao to Cambrils which is about 550 Km with no issues.

While on site I recalled the guys saying I should sand off all the paint on the towbar ball, which I did.

However, on the return trip when started towing the caravan/towbar/hitch there was a very loud noise coming from the hitch and ball.

I went online and read I should grease the ball to stop the noise, I did this and towed it with no noise at all.

When I got home, I just watched a guy replace the ALKO Hitch friction pads and he did not add any grease to the new pads.

My question is, was adding grease to the ball the correct thing to do?

Thanks

Tagged:

Advertisement