Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantom dublin bus times

Options
  • 11-08-2023 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

I was waiting for a dublin bus last night around 7pm.

It was due to arrive in 3 minutes.

Next thing that bus disappeared of the app.

I thought they had this issue resolved_

How are they expecting people to use Dublin bus if the buses don't turn up.

Post edited by thebourke on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Yesterday was crap!

Wanted to get a bus out of the city centre around 5pm. Had a number of buses at that time supposedly to choose from, like a 15 or 61 or 15B. No buses to be seen - very few. Lots of Queues at the bus stops outside Amiens street station and elsewhere. I walked over to Hawkins street. I got a 15 which from Rathmines on got very full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

I rarely use Dublin bus as I live near the luas.

But it's a joke if they havn't sorted out this issue yet with phantom buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,590 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

They have resolved the systemic IT issues.

This particular problem is down to human error, as when a bus isn’t operating, the system requires the controller to manually intervene and mark all or some of the service as cancelled.

That isn’t always happening.

As a general rule, if a bus has (scheduled) beside the time on the TFI app, I would treat it with some skepticism.

The Dublin Bus driver shortage seems to be as bad as ever with multiple curtailments/cancellations and the numbers of buses parked up on Eden Quay supports that.

Advertisement