Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of scammers looking to clean your roof/driveway in the Athlone area

Options
  • 10-08-2023 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all, just a word of warning. If lads distributing the leaflets attached here knock on your door offering to steam clean your patio/driveway/roof, etc., do not engage them. They are scammers. I made a mistake of hiring them for a job, which they completely botched, and got very abusive once I demanded they fix it, to the point of threatening me with their family from a "gypsy site" (this is the actual phrase they used). Hopefully, you will be wiser than me and give them a hard pass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Run them off the driveway if they call.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Think l had them two months ago. They were Northern lads with Cavan plates. Wanted to put weedkiller on the roof tiles. Bald burly and thick as thick as manure.

Advertisement