Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Phesant found after hit by car

Options
  • 10-08-2023 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum

I found a pheasant on a walk this morning. Pheasant was visabily stunned and most likely hit by a car. I wasn’t sure what to do but brought it home and have left it in the shed in a box. 

It seems in much better condition this evening but I’m hesitant to release it back into the wild as it’s not an adult yet so may not have the maturity to survive. Any suggestions on the best thing to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Release away. A juvenile Bird will survive. Release it near where you found it.

Eat it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Contact a wildlife rehabilitator to check it out. 'Kildare Wildlife Rescue' have a good network of volunteers, vets and rehabilitators across the country so may be able to put you in touch with somebody.

Advertisement