Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remap, DPF or injector issue

Options
  • 10-08-2023 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I’m looking for opinions on my car.

(Mercedes a class a180 2013 1.5 diesel)

My car was having issues around a month ago regarding the DPF and going into limp mode. I brought it to a mechanic. The mechanic mapped out the dpf and CAT as all DPF sensors needed to be replaced. He had also remapped my car to 130bhp. Following this, my car began producing white smoke on start up and chugging and cutting out when trying to start driving off, especially when cold. The mechanic then took it back and took the map off which still left it in limp mode and lacking power with the white smoke and chugging still. He has now gotten the injectors tested for me and has voiced that all 4 need to be replaced as they have low resistance. Is the mechanic liable for this damage? Would what he has done to my car cause the low resistance in the injectors and need to be replaced? Or was the dpf issue in the beginning the cause of this damage and am I liable to pay for the damage? Thanks. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I'd go to a different mechanic.

He did a dpf delete when probably not necessary, and is messing around with the cars ecu for no reason.

The injector issue may not be related, however its hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I'd definitely go to a different mechanic. First he said all of the DPF sensors need replacing, now all the injectors. What are the odds of all sensors and all injectors going at once?

Did he actually remove the DPF or just tell the car to ignore it? I don't know much about diesels, but could the DPF actually be the problem? Do they get blocked? This would increase back pressure preventing the engine from breathing properly. That would cause the engine to "chug". If diesel isn't being burnt properly does it produce white smoke?

Advertisement