Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 months or 24 months eir ?

Options
  • 10-08-2023 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Hi we're with eir and on the whole happy enough, 4 of us in the family, and it does us ,

I'm going to go with the eir fibre broadband, but not sure whether to go with

500 mb @ 50euro month/ 12 months

0r 1gb @50 euro month/ 24months

The only thing stopping me going with the latter one is being tied down for 24 months, even though we've been with them years,

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Keep in mind that Eir increase their prices every April now, even if you're in contract. So you'll have to deal with two such increases if you go with the 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Yes i know that, but I'm currently paying 63euro a month, so I'll probably go with 24 months 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Better to stick with the 12 month contract so that you can switch to another provider in 12 months and save money every year.

In fact if you are planning on switching to FTTH, you can save even more money by switching provider now. Sky are currently €30 per month for 500Mb/sec broadband only (no phone which is €5 extra per month I think) Vodafone, Digiweb, etc., all have offers too.

Advertisement