Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for chasers pitch

Options
  • 09-08-2023 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Hi

I do a little bit of (small) copper sculpture work and I'm trying to source some materials. I want to try some simple repousse work and I'm trying to find an Irish supplier of chasers pitch. Failing that, if I could find some pitch I could probably experiment and make my own. I'm only looking for a very small quantity, maybe 250g or less, any ideas where I might get same?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could try asking a silversmith (there used to be a few in Powerscourt Shopping Centre in Dublin) or some art colleges (or even a secondary school) to see if they have some they're willing to sell you, or at the very least you could ask where they source it.

Alternatively, you could try making your own, there's a recipe of sort in Wikipedia.

Advertisement