Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a granny flat meter box

Options
  • 08-08-2023 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all I need to fit another meter box for a granny flat. This means cutting a hole ( 606mm (h) x 402(w) x 155 (d))in the wall to fit meter box to the left of the original meter box. The ESB guy said it needs to be fitted into the wall, and was convinced it wasn't a big job! - To me its huge! 😕

1. The ESB won't accept a bolt on the wall box?
    2. I'm wondering if I'll have to fit a lentil to the wall.
    3. Is there any guides to doing this. E.g. YouTube etc. I can manage a consaw... However that doesn't mean I'm qualified 🙂 as in cutting a opening in a block wall?
    4. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of before I go at it.

Any pointers greatly appreciated Thanks P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Con saw, while being a fun toy, would be overkill. SDS hammer drill and chisel bit will make that hole easy.

lintel should not be required (unless you decide to go with the con saw option 😆)

Advertisement