Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Changeling | Apple TV+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks effective; definitely another Apple TV+ trailer that has me intrigued from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone started this yet? Been burned by a few series lately that looked excellent in trailers but were just awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I only watched the first episode tonight and I'm intrigued: there are some dangling threads that I'm curious to know what and where they go; the use of constantly changing time periods kept things feeling unbalanced, while the supernatural aspect wasn't overdone just yet. It was a very handsome episode too, a very rich almost cinematic look to it all.

I'd say if you watched and liked The Shining Girls, it's in the same vein so far, if only superficiially.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been a while since I've been as gripped by a show as this..

.. slow burn but proper unsettling throughout.

Also Future Islands fans may spot a familiar face towards end of episode 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Yep liking this one so far, 3 episodes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm struggling after 3 episodes, it's all a bit grim and depressing with not much in the way of plot other than grief and some abstract fantasy elements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellent show, finished it a while back, knew nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It gets better but yes it can be very depressing and is not for everyone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement