Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone have any experience with Athboy Autos? I am viewing a used car there this week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Was just looking for reviews of these myself, seen a car there my son is interested in.

The reg plates are removed on the car, and he didn't input reg into DoneDeal. So no option to do a history check on the car. I'm now curious if this was deliberate or an oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

just ring and ask for reg. no. - most garages do this . it could show up there is finance owed on a car when dealer has just not cleared it yet, so sometimes it makes sense to not show reg no. as prospective buyers might jump to conclusions about a car and not view it

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I've text him for reg number. Probably perfectly reasonable explanation like you said. What got me looking is that in one of the photo's I can see creases in a tyre, as though it had been sitting on a flat for a while. So wanted to do a history check to be sure this wasn't because of an accident. But just as likely was sitting because of a mechanical problem. After all that's how most dealers get their stock, buy a cheap car that needs a bit of fixing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

i dont think most dealers buy cars that have been lying around for ages , traded ins come in all the time at main dealers and used dealers often buy them

Advertisement