Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survival show "Alone" on Channel 4. Did anyone watch it?

Options
  • 07-08-2023 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Did anyone watch this last night? It seems OK.

Eleven people dropped into a jungle in Canada and they have to survive on their own.

One is a fashion designer another was a drug addict he is hoping the win can change his life, there is also a Student, a Woodland Manager, an NHS Project Manager, a Builder, a PR Executive and an Entrepreneur as well .

The prize is £100,000 .

Would you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I watched it and also downloaded the 2nd episode last night very suspicious of the very large amount of timber logs that they cut last night every single one has a dead straight cut end and they only have a small hand saw they could only be cut that straight with a chain saw, also the constant look of fear at night on the smallest sound then the camera outside panning around looking for a Bear, why would they go out looking, I don't think they are as Alone as the make out to be constant camera shots from all angles got some slating in the UK press, will see how it goes on .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye they were hardly going to just totally abandon them. You see in the first episode when that idiot hut himself with the axe talk about clumsy. They had to take him out so that was his change if winning the money gone.

The water your one was drinking do after filtering and boiling it looked terrible. No way could I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

Enjoying this. Watched the US Season 1 in the last few days as well.

It strikes me that they aren't great at fishing, even the ones who are supposed to be experienced. One guy was losing the fish by trying to yank it straight out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭con747

No different to Naked and Afraid. Neither shows are "Alone" Camera crews Medics and Producers all within easy reach if need be. I haven't watched this one but on Naked and Afraid they have an emergency necklace to summon help AFAIK.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭apache

Just catching up on second episode here. I did feel sorry for the fella who cut himself and had to go home. He really wanted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would not do it for £100,000. No way. Its just not enough. It would want to be £500,000 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I've watched a few season's of the American version on Discovery Channel and really enjoy it.The yanks do seem to be alone in fairness,it seems fairly genuine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭apache

Just finished up watching. What struck me was one of the guys was very self sufficent at hunting and fishing etc. He tapped out because lonliness got the better of him. He missed his girlfriend, family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The American one is a million times better. Proper, hard-core survivalists who have the training and experience and, yes, they are genuinely 100% alone. There's been some scenes in past series that there's no way the crew would have allowed continue if they'd been able to intervene. As I understand it the production team have a base camp setup nearby and contestants can call on the tap-out or hit a button on a GPS in case of emergency that takes them out of the competition and scrambles the crew to their location as quickly as they can but even then they can be hours away due to bad weather preventing the use of their helicopters / boats etc.

Advertisement