Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possesion of Drugs

Options
  • 06-08-2023 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Had a nice holiday in Netherlands last year, on my last day I decided to pick up some gifts for my friends and picked up some Lolli Pops and Cookies that contain CBD. Got through airport and so on since they were legal. The same day once I got back from Netherlands, got stopped by Garda in my car and they asked if I have any drugs, I said I got these CBD cookies and Lolli Pops, they took it away from me and took me to Garda Station for drug testing, they found nothing, they confiscated those cookies since the guard couldn't read the description and what's in it. Now after a year I got a letter from court and got it in few weeks, should I be worried? I even saw same type of cookies with same packaging in local store.

It's just funny how there are underage people in my local area consuming THC everyday and getting stopped by Guards, but they just let them off, and me all of this just for some CBD cookies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

Cbd which contains less than 0.2% THC is legal in Ireland - been buying it myself for a few years as a pain and sleep aid. However it's illegal to import any cbd, even if the THC concentration is less than 0.2%. It seems a bit crazy all right but it looks like you may have inadvertently broken the law. You'll need a solicitor but with luck you'll just get a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,195 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The document you have received from the court will tell you what you have been charged with. You need to post this information if you hope to receive any useful insights here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PIX1E

Hey. it's possession of drugs, THC in this case.

It was CBD cookies as I mentioned, if it did contain any THC it was very very low amount, probably just traces of it as they sell legally here in Ireland too, same brand, packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭mikethecop

CBD and Other Hemp Products | Food Safety Authority of Ireland (fsai.ie)

i think you may be misunderstanding the existing Irish law vs European law , the information is often mispresented by people who sell cbd products

just because something is on sale does not mean its legal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Jesus if this is what the gardai want to waist their time on no wonder the place is falling apart!

Taking up court time with this non issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 PIX1E

Case dropped, no charges. It's just stupid and waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

You should have made a show of that Garda in court. Waste of time and probably 20k in tax payers fees.

They are scum 98% of them. Biggest gang in ireland

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Very unusual for a Garda to just pull you over randomly and ask do you have any drugs. They need a reason to search your car without a warrant also. Did they have any reason to pull you? Erratic driving, smell of any air freshener you might have picked up on holidays perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Admitting that you do have drugs which may be illegal is a pretty good reason for a search.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Something must have prompted the question "do you have any drugs".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

who knows. the garda asked and the OP was foolish enough to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Applied for within 6 months. Doesn't need to be served in that time.

Also drugs is a hybrid offence anyway so the 6 months don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Traffic offences do have a 6 month limitation for the summons to applied for.

The legislation states there is 6 months to apply for the summons. The courts approve it but it might not get a court date until a few months later. So the summons doesn't have to be served within 6 months just applied for.

Advertisement