Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome Password Manager

Options
  • 04-08-2023 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

Triple barreled question here.

I am logged into my google account across 4 device. PC, laptop, work PC and Android Phones.

1. I find the auto populate of passwords very convenient, however, if I update or save a password to one google chrome, it doesn't update for the others. Is there a reason for this or something I am doing wrong? Or is there any easier way to do this across my devices?
    2. Also, if I go into my passwords in settings and try to see whats there, it only requires the computer login to see it. Seem's a bit daft considering a home PC might not have a password at all. I would expect it to ask for my google password to ensure my privacy.
    3. There is a new setting that came up recently for 'Google Password Manager'. Is this anything different than what I was already using?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

#2 is a big concern and one of the reasons I don't trust the browser password managers, but there are other reasons:

I'd suggest you use a purpose built password manager, rather than something added on to the browser ... this goes especially for AV products with password manager features ... their only purpose is to tie you down to the AV product. 👀

BitWarden is a well respected Open Source product, which is a fully featured cross platform password manager. If you want to be paranoid, you can self host the password vault, but if you're not, for €0 you can have a much more secure password management capability than Chrome's password yoke.

Advertisement