Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trailer wiring help

Options
  • 04-08-2023 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello , only new to this forum , my name is oisin.

I’ve recently started wiring an Indesuspension trailer with 2 back lights , 6 side markers and 2 front white lights

I have the harness going down the middle of the trailer , then it splits off in 2 7core cables to left and right , on the left I have red, white, black, yellow. On the right I have red, white, brown and green , then I have 3 core cable running of the ground and black/ brown cables / turn signal each side.

my question is , how do I ground this , the lights have white ground wires, I had them all connected together and then up the front I wrapped the white wires copper around a piece of metal on the trailer securing it place. The lights aren’t working at all though. So I’m assuming it’s not a good ground.

any suggestion

thanks in advance ,

oisin

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Unidentified user

Your 7 pin plug has a ground connection which is grounded through car or tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Pin 3.... From memory 31 on the plug will check later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Wiring diagram below. Pin 3 is White, the common ground for all lights. Assuming that the socket is wired correctly on your jeep/car, then start at the 7 pin plug and work back from there.

2 things that caught me out before;

1 - Side lights may have different colour wires, but generally black is negative and red or blue is positive.

2 - Do you have a detachable extension cable on the front of the trailer? If so, you have to mirror the wiring on one of the plugs on this cable, from left to right.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement