Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting to wifi on Zyxel VMG8324-B10A router

Options
  • 03-08-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

This was a router provided by Eir. I may have had it the best part of 10 years at this stage.

Basically, I was able to connect to the wifi on the router until around a week ago when it just stopped working. If I try to connect with my phone or tablet, the router shows as being available for a moment and then disappears under the wireless settings. I didn't change any settings or upgrade firmware or anything like that on the router. It was working fine and then just stopped. I have triedto connect to the wifi with more 1 than device to make sure it is not a problem with the phone itself.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Can anyone suggest what I could try to fix it?

I have limited knowledge about routers and configuring them. I do have a PDF of the manual to consult.

I would consider purchasing another router if that is likely to solve the problem. Does anyone have suggestions for a basic and reliable model that would suit the average home user?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

What lights are showing on the front of it? Have you tried turning it off, waiting 30 seconds and turning it back on again?

Do you have a leptop/desktop that you could connect via Ethernet to the router to see if it is actually working?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Yes, it is working with ethernet. I tried it on my laptop. It's just the wifi that isn't working.

Yes, I turned it off, plugged it out and tried that. I also reset it but that didn't solve the issue either.

In respect of the lights on the front of the router:

Power - Green

DSL - Orange

Ethernet - Flashing green

Internet- Flashing green

Wifi - Green

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Try downloading an app like WiFi Analyzer onto your phone and check if it can see a signal from your router.

I just tried that. The router shows up for a few seconds under Access Points and then just disappears.

Edit: Contacted Eir and they are sending a F3000 router. Will see if that helps.

Post edited by Robert Nairac on

Got a new router. Issue resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement