Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance on line

Options
  • 03-08-2023 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all good people,

I hope you are all doing well.

I was about to pay my car insurance for the first time on line.

After I had answered many questions when I wanted to proceed with payment, I couldn't pay.

It says : "Sorry, we have a problem. We're currently experiencing issues. Please try again. If the problem continues you can call us..."

Has anyone had similar experiences?

What's this about?

I have been trying for many times and I just couldn't proceed.

Please, tell me what is this about.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

It may be new rules where they need to ask you loads of specific questions and record the response. I believe the rules changed and instead of you informing them.of non standard things they now need to ask you loads of questions which you then answer. Many insurers quote online but won't actually inside you without a phone call that's recorded in case of issues or a claim later. If you lie during the call they can then not pay out a claim etc.

If you tick certain boxes such as modified or non standard or penalty points etc. they typically want to speak to you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MobileState

I succeeded this morning. Probably it's only some error on their internet site.

Thank you for your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MobileState

I am just wondering, do you need to send any support documentation to the insurance company when you pay the insurance for your car?

So far, they didn't ask me for anything. It is strange, a bit.

Is it common?

Should I upload online by myself driving licence , NCT and a "book"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I assume you're sorted by now, but they are normally very clear in their emails and documents if they require anything else off you. Check your 'Spam' folder in email also as sometimes the emails can go in there. If in doubt just ring them and ask.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement