Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My HP Omen 16 fried 3 days after its warranty expired - coincidence?

Options
  • 03-08-2023 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Literally three days after its 1 year warranty expired.

The screen inexplicable went blank, and when I brought it in to Curry's, the tech examined it and then couldn't get it to switch on.

I had tech insurance with Curry's so it's been sent to the UK for "repair".

Is it possible they coded the machine to malfunction subsequent to warranty expiration?

I know, highly improbable but the timing is........ eery.

Anything similar ever happen to anyone here?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Hps tend to have a high failure rate due to poor cheaper builds but omens should be a better made , even though im using a 4 year old hp to post this as my new legion died not sure why a month out of my warranty , could be my issue or repairs issue , cant tell

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Coincidence - yes. Entirely.

Considering that most parts of Europe have a 2 year statutory warranty and we have the option to take claims up to 6 years; a one year killswitch would make you go bankrupt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

some of the videos on here would put you off all kinds of machines

https://youtu.be/57tU30S8da8

Advertisement