Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackman at Athlone Driving Range.

Options
  • 03-08-2023 4:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got word that my local range has finished their trackman installation and it’s ready for use in every bay. Brand new callaway balls too. Serious investment over the last few year, fair play to the owner.

Now to go see do I really hit the ball that bad!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'll have to tip over there at the weekend. He might have to start taking bookings for it.

Just needs to put a bar in there now next 😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Bookings would be a good idea, it’s getting busy down there lately

A bar? I’d never leave the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Will be interesting to see what impact this has on range usage in a more rural area , versus the mental boom we got at the ranges in Dublin.

Keep up posted.

Glasson are not happy with him apparently. They planned to install it in theirs next year and he has beaten them to it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A big bad world out there - that is a bit sad if true.

Fair play to him - big jump in technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The one in Fordstown could definitely be called rural even if it’s only an hour from Dublin. As far as I know it’s still very busy. Not sure what other places are charging but it’s 90 balls for €12 there which is very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭coillcam

Mullingar got it a few months ago too. A lot more casual punters turning up to play games and courses. Definitely an up tick in business.

I find that it measures distances slightly inflated compared to the regular trackman. Maybe it's because of lack of spin capture. Eg my driver ball speed is consistently above 160mph when I've warmed up. I'd only hit that a handful of times on a proper trackman. Same with 7i carrying 170 consistently, 7w 225-230 and 3w 250+. Those numbers should be fine for a couple of outliers not several shots in a row.

I think it's too expensive to just hit a few balls and practice a drill. Although for games and playing courses I think it represents value. Out of curiosity. How much are the prices gone up to?

I was told that they are going up by 20%. So roughly 1-2 euros depending on the bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭redhill

How much does it cost to install Trackman or Top Tracer in a range ??

Advertisement