Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing old central heating timer

Options
  • 03-08-2023 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi folks. I have a flash programmer 31031 that controls my oil central heating. The electro/mechanical clock no longer functions correctly so basically it's just an on off switch. I'd like a timer with a boost function. The flash programmer just controls the oil boiler and I'm happy with that. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as to what timer to purchase. Are they difficult to install? I'm aware I can purchase a new flash programmer and just swap out the clocks but I would like something with a boost function.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭POBox19

Replaced a Flash timer two years ago with a Horstmann CentaurPlus C17 single channel, cost €55 in Heatmerchants. Handy enough to fit, pay attention to the wiring schematic. The clock seems to lose 1 or 2 minutes a month otherwise it's a good device.

If I was to replace it now I'd look at a smart device that could be operated remotely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

My favourite is the Hive smart thermostat.

You'll find cheaper on amazon etc. but I'd advise sticking with a known brand.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement