Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to grow up?

Options
  • 02-08-2023 11:24pm

Resolved

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think fair play to you for being honest.

In fairness your only going out 7mths so I think your being a bit harsh on yourself saying you have lead her on.

You gave it a roll and realise not for you and have in my opinion shown her great respect by not messing her around and been honest.

Is she wants kids then the clock will be ticking , so at least you told her now ather than going along with it for years like some people do, then be too late for her if she wants kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beefcake82

Sometimes you don't know till one day reality hits you from no where. You didn't mess her around as you shared your feelings soon as you knew.

Best bet is to just cut strings right away now and let the lady find what she is looking for, especially if she is looking to have a kid. And for your next relationship you can set expectations easier with what you want/need going forward until you are ready for that next step.

Thanks a million for the helpful replies folks, I suppose I'm showing my own inexperience here.

I was with someone that I got with in my early 20's until I was near 30 so hadn't really dated anyone where it didn't turn into a serious relationship so it feels like I've done this girl a massive disservice, this insight is really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's unclear from your post whether you're still actually with this girl - have you broken up her or not? If so, then chalk it up to experience and move on with your life. If not, you really are leading her on at this point and should really do the honourable thing and let her go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

You sound like a decent empathetic type. Being honest is best policy. Any time in the first 7 months isn't really time to be talking about babies.

And even if you both want babies, you might not want them with each other, that happens too.

You didn't really do any wrong here in my opinion. Just be straight with her.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the sense of perspective and the great words. We met up and agreed that this was the best way. I do wish I was there but I've got more growing to do evidently.

Mods, please feel free to close this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Closed at request of OP.

Thanks all who took time to offer advice.

Hilda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement