Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Sportive

Options
  • 02-08-2023 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I mostly cycle alone and do a few sportives. Wondering what your favourite sportives are? For me, Ash Burners Cycle Club Solstice Cycle. 4:30 am sign on and off at 5am 50km and 80km routes with a full Irish on return. Looking to do a few more this year so recommendations are most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Pat Colgan 4 peaks challenge and the reservoir dogs are 2 good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

Inisowen 100. Foyle CC. Geat location, starts and finishes in Derry. 100 miles, tough climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Tour Kilkenny (this Saturday!)

Beara

Cliffs of Moher

Tour Connemara

Lough key

Leitrim Glens (this Sunday!)

Donegal Bay

Slieve Bloom 4 Peak

All those are enjoyable, on a fine day.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Two special to me are the Reservoir Dogs Sportif (125km with 2100m) and the Dublin Fire Brigade CC Sportif for Prostate Cancer (115km with 1100m)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vintcerf

just signed up for Tour de Kilkenny 2023 tomorrow. will be checking out the ones mentioned here - cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not a sportive as such but the Mick Byrne 200 is an epic ride and worth at least one outing for everyone. I remember the instructions: If you are ever lost, at the next junction look for the turn that brings you up hill most.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Galway Classic is really good fun. You're nervous about the first few off road sections and then start looking forward to them.

I didn't do it this year for a few reasons, but the increase in the CI one day licence was definitely one of them.

I did Comeragh and Knockmealdown Challenge over the weekend. This climb is actually now my favourite - nice gradient, stunning views, quite and smooth road, coffee/cake at the top - ticks every box!

Advertisement