Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

While waiting for VAT number

Options
  • 02-08-2023 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have registered for vat as we expect turnover to exceed the thresholds this year.

We sell on a cash basis direct to customers, I'm about to update our till system to include tax charged in the prices, I am wondering do I do this now (from the date of registration) or do I need to wait for my vat number to arrive? will it make a difference? I expect i would need to make a return for the partial period since the registration at the end of the month and am i better off having the amounts charged from day one

Thankyou

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭nompere

Revenue will normally register you from the 1at day of the VAT period in which you apply. So, that would be 1 July 2023.

Advertisement