Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nigella moment…..

Options
  • 01-08-2023 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

The last thing you’ll eat before sleep.

Let’s start off with cheese and crackers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

I like the fact there's a large ratio of cheese to cracker and is that an onion relish?

Nom nom

Camera not working properly but I'm having a meringue nest with 4/5 fresh strawberries and similar number of raspberries with a generous topping of double cream...as I hasten the onset of obesity and type 2 diabetes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Toast, always.

Sometimes rye, but sometimes the white fluffy stuff.

Either with hummous and onion, or, baked beans with butter.

These are my midnight snacks when I just cannot sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Jacob's do a very nice cracker selection, a cheap and cheerful pack with about 8 different kinds of cracker. So this cracker selection, paired with some mature cheddar cheese,, and some brussels pate, some real butter, and last but not least,, some high heat relish,, even a good burger relish will do me..

All laid out on a cutting board,, and sitting on my lap,, or even better on my computer desk up in our box room upstairs,, This is my Nigella moment .. Oh and a nice strong craft beer.

Happy Days..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

There's a cracker there somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You can see it peeping out underneath. And it’s kimchi, not coleslaw. 🤓

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Got nicely stoned on Sunday night (had Monday off for annual leave) and in my munchings I ate:

Salt and pepper crackers with comté and fennel cider jam (delicious)

A share bag of O’Donnells sour cream and onion (best and most underrated O’Donnells crisps)

A chocolate chip cookie

A slice of incredible apple, chocolate and hazelnut cake the missus made for me

A roast beef and horseradish ciabatta sambo washed down with a 330ml glass bottle of coke with some lime

Another slice of said Apple cake

A hot buttery toasted ciabatta roll

And a half a bottle of lovely Shiraz

all while watching a 2.5hr making of documentary for the Fellowship of the Ring till 2am ☺️

Thank the gods I don’t put on weight easily

That’s not a moment, it’s an evening! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Hahah that all took place between 23:30 - 02:00

She headed to bed “yeah honey I’ll probably be in soon” 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Great idea for a thread.

I have gestational diabetes so I usually make myself a chocolate protein shake before bed.

I dream of a mountain of buttery toast...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have a wine gum problem at the moment. It's usually them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Popcorn, freshly popped in the pot. Fancy butter ideally. Less salt than I used to....

God I love wine gums. I haven't had any sweets in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Then do not try Tesco wine gums. There's no coming back!

Unfortunately I am already very familiar with them. A few more weeks and I can gorge to my heart's content!

You never know what it’s going to be……..

Little oranges you get in the cardboard box in Aldi. They are always sweet and juicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

piece(s) of cold leftover meat from dinner.

slice or 2 of toast, buttered.

pieces of cheese

bag of tayto cheese and onion (or more recently, salted cashew nuts go wonderfully with this, or indeed any type of sandwich)

measure of whiskey to accompany.

glass of beer to wash down.

chocolate hob nob or the aldi version oaties for dessert.

another whiskey and beer to finish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭notAMember

Have you no plates in your house? :p

Mine at the weekend was some olives and a few mustard crisps from my stash, with scotch. I've only ever found mustard crisps in france, US switzerland so far, and in the US there is also a mustard flavoured dorito. If anyone runs an irish crisp company, get working on it! None of your combo ham and mustard, black pudding and mustard or honey mustard stuff from the UK, those are all too sweet for my taste. Just pure mustard, and enough to give that slight eye-watery feeling, where the back of your nose feels funny.

Have you no plates in your house? :p

It’s a moment, no plate required. 😋

Tonight's Nigella moment was some leftover spicy chicken wings from dinner, and a couple of squares of dark chocolate. And a glass of cold soy milk. A feast!

The last meatball……

(Excuse the fingers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I don't understand what the thread title means 😆

Nigella Lawson cookery shows. The end of each programme has her going to the fridge, just before she goes to bed, and having a mouthful of something she’s cooked.

This is the Boards version……

Advertisement