Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW F30 Region/Map Change

Options
  • 01-08-2023 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

I need to get the maps changed in my F30 sat nav. It's a JDM import so set to Japan and obviously want it for use in Ireland. Im pretty sure is NBT Evo ID4, its in a 161 330e.

I don't have any of the coding equipment and would prefer someone who knows what they're doing. Any recommendations on who could do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here is a link to what might be involved:

But I think you may only need to install new maps for Western Europe. The NBT uses the Next maps afaik but check your map version in the idrive to confirm, you can download the Western Europe maps for free onto a USB drive, just google it. However when you go to install the maps then you will be asked for a FSC code to activate them which is derived from your car's VIN. Plenty of options on the likes of ebay or forums to purchase a generated FSC code for your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Thanks, I'll check it in the morning and see what it says.

I gave googling a go but most of what I was reading was in acronyms so I presumed you needed some base knowledge that I didn't have. I found some maps so I'll give ebay or a forum a go for a code. I haven't rang BMW but I presume its crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You can get the maps direct from BMW for small money - you can either download it onto your own USB stick or buy a USB stick from the dealer with it pre-loaded. I think I paid €55 for the genuine maps download recently.

Thats map updates only no? I presumed they would charge more to change the region.

Also it will not allow the car to be added to MyBMW, it says to contact support

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account as the vehicle's country cannot be validated."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car is already registered in MyBMW app in some other country then BMW support might have to manually move it when you call them. Had to do that before with a car from the UK, however not sure what way it works if it's from another region such as Japan. Sure no harm in giving them a call and ask. Have the car's VIN handy.

I still think you will need it registered in this country/region for BMW to send you the maps on a USB stick as it will include the correct FSC code. The other way is to try doing it manually yourself as I outlined earlier but it might not work and it still won't fix the MyBMW app issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I assume android auto/car play aren't available.

Their maps are superior and are live too

Apparently the NBT needs to be flashed before having maps loaded so I’m going to see if I can find a company here to do it. Don’t want to risk bricking the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Have dealt with yourcarcoder.com a bit in the past (he's on Instagram and Facebook I think) when I was looking to upgrade a unit in my 640d - seems to know his stuff. If you need coding done he might be worth getting in touch with.

I got onto him. He said it has to be the package of ID4 upgrade to ID6, Carplay and Euro Maps/Region change for €400. It seems to be good value but at the minute I just wanted the maps in Europe so have not budgeted that kind of money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BimmerWise

Hi, Probably you have an ID4 evo unit, that has to be flashed to ID6 1803 first after unlock the unit and patch it with new EU fscs.

I can help you with it

Bimmerwise

Daniel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

how far you got with conversion?

I have changed country in my profile to Japan and car is showing in MyBMW app. Looking into maps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 F.Ra

Hi There, I need the same done for an F20 wirth proffessional nav unit, japanese import with japanese maps etc. can that be done please and how much would something like this cost from your experience please?

its a 2015 LCI facelift F20 118i. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 F.Ra

Hi , I might need help with mine too , Its my first japanese import and I hate to see that option not used to its capacity. How did you get on with yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

As for the maps, is it just not a matter of going to BMW and buying the latest map on a USB with the FSC. (Unless you want to go down the pirate route)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭multiscan

I sent an email to BMW Ireland but have not received a response. The issue is that once you add a car to your profile, you will not be able to access Euro shop. Unfortunately when changing the web profile to Japland it will show Japanese offers only, We see what the dealer says.

Alternatively looks like:

1)Main unit needs region change beofre head unit goes to euro

2)FCS generated

3)maps loaded with FCS

Got all the cables now , so will have a blast if Bmw doesnt reply

Headunit has to be flashed to EU

Then EU maps loaded

Then FSC has to be acquired

It’s a quite involved and lengthy process with the chance to brick your HU with one or two missed steps.

If you do attempt it set aside at least an hour and have a car battery charger attached.

Advertisement