Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETIAS Travel Authorisation for Residence Permit Holders

Options
  • 01-08-2023 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of if a non Irish national who has a residence permit (i.e. stamp 4) would need to apply for this new ETIAS travel authorisation coming into force for the EU?

They have an FAQ where the question is answered but it doesn't really answer it from an Irish perspective.

"I come from a visa-exempt country, but I live permanently in the EU – do I need an ETIAS travel authorisation?

No. ETIAS is a travel authorisation that covers nationals of visa-exempt countries coming to the EU for short-term stays. If you have a residence permit, residence card, or a document issued by any of the European countries requiring ETIAS which authorises your stay, you do not need an ETIAS travel authorisation."

Problem with this answer is that Ireland is not in the ETIAS program, so does that mean that a residence permit holder from a visa exempt country would need to apply for an ETIAS in order to travel to continental EU for holidays?

Comments

Advertisement