Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with EV charging Survey for the IEVA - 3 mins

Options
  • 01-08-2023 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

the IEVA is running a survey to understand the charging profile of EV owners and drivers. https://forms.gle/ghhrK5BkToeK8wpWA

in various discussions with Utilities, charging providers and government agencies it has become clear that they don’t really understand how folks use their EVs day to day.the IEVA is building a discussion and policy document in order to discuss and challenge the perceptions held by providers, but also in particular to hold a light to charging tariffs at home and out on the roads.

if you can help the IEVA with this ask, hopefully the IEVA can help you! https://forms.gle/ghhrK5BkToeK8wpWA

thanks in advance

PS thanks to @liamog for letting us post the survey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

"In September 2023 ESB Networks will be pushing out smart meters to all premises! "

Not in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

i hear you @ELM327

theyll have to improve smart tariffs considerably before I’ll move from my Day/Night meter. But that’s the point of the survey 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Core6

In the survey there is a question:-

"What do you pay for Day/Smart High tariff rate (eg….34c)"

I am on a Smart Tariff and therefore have a 'Day' rate and a 'Peak' rate. Which do you want for this question?

Do you want the rates with or without VAT (or does it matter)?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Thanks for the q sns both are fair

peak rate is best and with vat 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No fit for you then, that's the line they're taking, deemed export is finishing you'll only be paid for what's actually exported or not at all if you stick with your present meter.

• Advertisement

So be it. But I'll keep the day/night tariff and the deemed fit for as long as possible. Once the deemed fit ends I'll just accept the no export payment at all rather than switch to smart meter. I don't export anything - approx 800kwh in the last 11 months, and I've more batteries on the way and just added 2 EVs - so it wouldnt be worth having a stupid/smart meter installed for a few cents of export payment anyway. My aim for the last 12 months was to export less than the deemed payment amount (which I will have met), and my aim for the 12 months onwards will be to export less than I did in the first 12 months and reduce to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That's it, obviously you've done your figures and really benefit from having a good night rate. Are you going for the Flogas deal? It looks like the only player out there atm.

Yup just signed up there a couple of weeks ago the day after my energia fixed price ended. It really is the only game in town. Should be noted that I'm designing my system to be all self use, no export, as my north star is full grid independence (and removal of ESB connector). The FIT payment , like the government credits, were nice to get but not needed and did not figure in any costings I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭grennscreener

Yep - in principle smart meters are great. However the price plans they have here are an utter joke. Then there's the whole murky situation with data collection and frequency thereof. Typically they also went with a unit that doesn't have an open coms standard so the data is only available to them and they get to decide what to share with you.

I'm not a tin foil hat wearer by any means, but I do have an intense dislike of not being allowed the same access to my data as the people collecting and storing it.

In the UK (where the same hardware is used) customers can access the data via the meter. There is a slot on the meter for this.

Unfortunately ESBn have blocked this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement