Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in the Canaries?

Options
  • 31-07-2023 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

I've never done before but considering this year. I always book independently, but it looks like that the travel agents are way cheaper for this type of holiday.

Any views? Or tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

You won’t get flights cheaper going through an agent than booking direct.

I know someone who booked a flight via an travel agent and not direct. Can’t even booked a seat with ei until they’re flying even if they want to. On accommodation probably booking direct be cheaper if you call them as no commission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Well that's what I thought, and why I haven't used a TA in 20+ years.

But Christmas market seems to be different - €800 return Ryanair, yet can get decent FL+ACCOM with TUI, Budget etc for €2200 total. TBF I haven't looked at ACCOM direct yet..... start of the process, thus the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Been looking myself this week and seems to be better deals with travel agent. Flights are crazy money between Christmas and New year.

Was thinking it would be around 1000 pp but it's coming in around 4800 euro for 2 adult 1 Child for a week in Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

The canaries are always mad expensive at Christmas because really it's the only place where weather will be still relatively warm unless your willing to travel much further to Caribbean etc.

And yep travel agents do often work out cheaper for some reason in canaries, I was looking at Oct midterm, but look is all I did as prices were mental but indeed cheaper with travel agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Fella I work with goes to Lanzarote every Xmas for about 20 years, they always check doing it themselves, then doing it through the agent. Usually they get better value through the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭delboy85

I did Christmas in Tenerife about 4 years ago and absolutely loved it. Would thoroughly recommend it.

We booked everything independently and I do remember flights being very expensive. I think they were about €700/€750 with a checked bag.

But it was well worth it.

It's a great place to spend Christmas.

Advertisement