Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy 2nd Hand/Refurbed Macbook Pro with similar specs to these?

Options
  • 31-07-2023 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm going to be abroad for a bit and I'm looking for the best (and most budget friendly) Macbook Pro option as a replacement for my 2017 Fusion SSD/HDD 27inch iMac.

I am looking at 2nd hand options and hoping to get something for - less than €1k possibly even as low as €500 - which judging by what I see on ebay and done deal seems fairly likely (I'm looking to replace not necessarily update so a 2017 Macbook Pro would suit fine if it did the job but if there's something later I can get for the price I'd be happy enough).

I'm just wondering if anyone has thoughts on what I could get that would do the job of replacing my imac given its specs (see below) and where would be a good option to buy one.

One place I've been looking at is refurb.ie but since they charge a chunk more than most on DoneDeal I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of them and is it worth the extra few hundred to go that direction? Or if there is another reputable seller?

I'll be using the Macbook Pro for everything from work to film editing (basic: premier pro mostly nothing huge) music recording/editing (cockos Reaper) and photo and graphic editing (photoshop and illustrator) etc (basically everything I currently do on my imac)...and of course watch youtube tutorials etc.

My current imac Specs are as follows:

• Imac: Retina 5k 27 inch 2017
    • Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    • Memory: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    • Graphics: Radeon Pro 570 4096MB
    • Storage: 1.03 TB Fusion
    • Currently 16GB RAM (up to 32 GB RAM - I only use the 16GB so that's fine for me)

I'm hoping to purchase soon so any advice or tips would be hugely appreciated.

Advertisement