Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doogues Bar, Raheen

Options
  • 30-07-2023 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone know if they serve food? If so, what kind - carvery, a la care? and most importantly is it any good?

Scarecrow festival meant Durrow was a disaster zone for parking and eating today, and Abbeyleix Manor Hotel was out the door too.

Would be nice to find another option that isn't Treacy's, or having to go into Portlaoise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Dont forget Supermacs in Ballacolla if you like that type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CraftBeer

Ah no, just thinking about pub grub or casual dining options in south Laois when out for a drive at the weekend.

Laois is great for walks, but not great for food.

I'm coming from Carlow, which is kinda the opposite. Great for food but not great for walks.

In the end, we tried the carvery in the Maldron which was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I know I'm late with this, but for future reference, Roots Restaurant Abbeyleix is very good, open 7 days for breakfast and lunch.

https://m.facebook.com/people/Roots-Bar-Restaurant-at-Abbeyleix-Golf-club/100089852333173/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CraftBeer

Good to know, thanks.

Castlecomer golf club also have a menu, so that's at least a couple of options in that neck of the woods.

Advertisement