Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw X

Options
  • 30-07-2023 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭

John is back.

John Kramer (Tobin Bell) is back. The most disturbing installment of the SAW franchise yet explores the untold chapter of Jigsaw’s most personal game. Set between the events of SAW I and II, a sick and desperate John travels to Mexico for a risky and experimental medical procedure in hopes of a miracle cure for his cancer – only to discover the entire operation is a scam to defraud the most vulnerable. Armed with a newfound purpose, the infamous serial killer returns to his work, turning the tables on the con artists in his signature visceral way through devious, deranged, and ingenious traps.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,940 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sure is, but I do love a bit of Saw movies. Looking forward to it.

As long as it is nothing like that shlte that came out as a spin off - Spiral. That should be locked away in the archives and never allowed to see the light of day again.

I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of John Kramer. In the beginning, there were some decent motives for getting revenge on people e.g. killing his unborn son. Now you just need to look at him in the wrong way, and next thing your head will be in a torture vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Seems to be receiving positive reviews. Looking forward to catching it at the cinema. Haven't been to the cinema in couple of years. All my watching is streaming. Need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Going to see this tomorrow. Looking forward. Am a fan. Have the boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Amanda looks old in this movie, especially since it takes place between the first and second movie.

Not a bad movie much better than spiral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

So I was skeptical of the high critical reviews because let's face it, installment number 10.

And after watching it I'm baffled by said critical acclaim. It's not as bad as Jigsaw or Spiral, that's for sure, but equally I consider than complete dung.

But it's really the same old guff, admittedly done better than most entries for the first half of the run-time at least, but by the end you're straight back in unbelievably preposterous, beyond far-fetched twist territory.

Is it watchable? Sure. It is better than a lot of the sequels? Probably, the actual story is far better developed and credible for most of the run-time. But all these claims like "best in the franchise/best since the first movie" I personally think are miles off the mark.

Mostly because I thought the ending was utter crap. It feels like a completely different film-maker tacked on the last 10/15 minutes.

Advertisement