Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Ireland Court Cases

Options
  • 30-07-2023 12:35pm
    Administrators Posts: 355 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Tesla Talk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,987 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@SchrodingersCat - "Did you literally bring Tesla to a courtroom where a judge ruled in your favor"

Yep. Fancy dress barrister for Tesla with a potato in his throat plus their Irish MD were there. Elderly judge who recently had a fierce rant against RTE hadn't a clue what supercharging was but ruled in my favour anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Youve described one court case for some reason. I assume four was an exaggeration so?

I don't tell porky pies dude. Took them to court 4 times, all 4 court cases are recorded by the courts. 2 times they paid up before the court case procedeeded further, 1 time they paid up after the court case proceeded but before the day in court, 1 time it actually went to court before a judge who found in my favour and ordered them to pay me my full claim

I have proof of all of this, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭John arse

Fair play unkel,old musky must be afraid of his s#@te of you by now???😉

It's not Musk unfortunately, it's the UK based legal / customer service team. And throughout my communications with them I'm always polite. But persistent. Giving them plenty of opportunity to re-consider before it eventually escalates (after several warnings). You'd think they'd pull up my record if there is any issue and look at my history and just go, give that dude what he wants, he will get it any way and this way we will save thousands of euro in wasted time and legal costs. But no, it seems not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It does seem a lot of the Tesla Ireland problems are caused by us being an offshoot of the UK office.

Lots of people this year with pre delivery drama thanks to SEAI grants and refund rules.

It certainly seems so. And if I come over all negative, I should hasten to add that I've never had any beef with the service organisation in Ireland, apart from lack of spare parts (which doesn't seem their local responsibility) and the Tesla rangers here are simply superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭John arse

Hey unkel,if I'm ever getting a divorce -can I give you a shout?💔

So to answer the original question:

Is this an exaggeration? Did you literally bring Tesla to a courtroom where a judge ruled in your favor four times? Or is this just a case of legal action taken where both parties settled out of court? Because there is a difference- Any rational car owner would say "its easier to just drive around in another brand" after being stung with the time and money on the first court case, let alone four.

No, you did not bring Tesla to a courtroom where a judge ruled in your favor four times. Nor is it true that no "other car ever, electric, diesel, petrol or otherwise" "reach the advertised range", the article states that:

All five Tesla models tested by Edmunds failed to achieve their advertised range, the website reported in February 2021. All but one of 10 other models from other manufacturers exceeded their advertised range.

Again, its posters arguing against the article without having read it, because if they did, they would have found their arguments already discussed.

@SchrodingersCat - "No, you did not bring Tesla to a courtroom where a judge ruled in your favor four times."

I never said I did. Please don't twist my words. I said: "Personally I've taken Tesla to court 4 times" which is exactly what I did. Would it finally satisfy you if I gave you all 4 court case numbers? 🙄 I have them right here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

Personally I'd find it difficult to have a continuing relationship with a company I'd had that experience with. I realise we all view things differently but I would not buy a good or a service from a company that had treated me badly on an earlier issue or ignored me when I reach out for assistance or clarification or anything else.

We all have choices and I like to think that we can mould companies behaviour by how we spend our hard earned money.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

I think unkle has had an argument with just about every brand out there and usually won.

We don't have a continuing relationship. I don't plan to buy any cars from them in the future. And my current car is now out of general warranty and there is near zero chance something will go wrong with battery or drivetrain in the 2 years warranty I have left on that. And I most certainly will not go to Tesla for any repairs if I can help it 😁

That said, I never had any problems with the service organisation here in Ireland. It's just that crappy team in the UK that caused all my troubles. And the cars are great and I believe Tesla as a company and the TSLA share have a glorious future (I don't own any shares BTW)

You see, I haven't. I'm not difficult, I'm no perfectionist, more a jovial "shure that's grand" type of person. If I fall and hurt myself, I blame it on myself and would never sue someone over it.

BTW I've never taken any other car maker to court. But I am assertive, I do know consumer rights and I won't stand for being bullied. I will always patiently try amicable solutions and I'm pretty easy going. But if that doesn't work, I have no problem using whatever legal means I have. I will pursue out of principle. The day in court was over €7.40 😂

I would disagree re the glorious future for the company if they don't treat their customers with more respect at all stages of the relationship I can see folk looking at other options for their next EV.

Like yourself I can't see me ever buying another car from them in the future unless they become much more operationally mature and stop the incompetence re customer relationships and making small issues worse by their inaction or failure to address properly.

I am currently waiting for a refund relating to a transaction on 25th March of this year, I was categorically advised by e-mail on 6th June that it would be paid in 10-12 working days and had been processed.

This is the 29th July and despite numerous e-mails and webchat requests for someone to deal with it I still have not received my refund.

Latest update is 10-12 working days from yesterday. I'll only believe it when the money is back in my account.

Just lodge a case in the small claims court and show them proof. You'll have your refund in no time 😀

Agree with your points though, their customer service is terrible. I guess at the moment they are making up for it by making the best cars with the best spec in their segment and sell them for less than the competition does. But that won't work long term as the competition will catch up and there will be very stiff competition from the Chinese at the bottom of the market

Please dont make unfounded accusations of twisting words. You were asked to clarify your words. If a case is settled out of court it does not go to court. For the same reason, a case number is not evidence that a case went to court. Regardless, even one case that went to court would be enough for a resonable person to consider another brand of vehicle. There are cars out there that you don't have to stand up in court to have to own. Its not a sign that you are impartial to a brand if you are happy to continue using them after taking multiple legal actions against them. It shows the opposite.

A day in court costs more than €7.40. Its a day of lost work or holidays. Thats not including all the paperwork. No reasonable customer would stay devoted to a brand if they had to continuously take legal action against them.

You will have to forgive us for asking for clarification on what you are putting yourself through with Tesla. Its a pretty unusual story for a car owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well this thread is already providing some excellent entertainment 😂

Since this thread is a offshoot of another on, any chance of a quick summary as to why you had to take several cases against Tesla?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

Excellent idea !

Then how about moving the thread to https://www.boards.ie/categories/legal-discussion ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not sure there's any legal questions being asked, its pretty much one person exerting their consumer rights and a 2nd acting incredulous because they aren't a fan of Elon Musk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

People who can't separate Elon Musk from the Tesla product are in my view, dim. Must be lack of protein from a vegan diet which causes them to be so fixated on the negatives.

Elon is a twat in his personal life. He shared sheets with Amber Turd....so that's enough to dislike anyone. He's arrogant and strange, but that's his makeup. We would still be faffing around in small EVs with local range without the input of Musk, so I for one am glad for his contribution.

Professionally, he is a visionary and has brought excellent products to the market, for the betterment of mankind. I drive a Tesla, because its a great car. I thought so before I ever heard the name Elon Musk. I've watched Spacex achieve what I thought would never be possible and 2 weeks ago, witnessed a falcon 9 booster displayed at Nasa in Houston TX.

Unless Musk is sending children into used fuel tanks to clean the walls, then I don't care what he does. Nobody has a clean slate. If we connected every product to the origin, or owner, nobody would buy anything.

Stay Free

I don't agree with this assessment, I think this thread has more to do with peoples experience with Tesla and their Customer Relationship Management (or disregard for)than a dislike of the person at the head of the organisation.

I was responding to Liamog and agree with what he said. My comment applies across the board. So many threads are side tracked and ruined because someone who hates Elon Musk makes sweeping statements, often completely off topic regarding either Musk, or Tesla owners. You don't have to venture far to see this happen.

Only yesterday, I was browsing the bad parking thread. In 3 pages, at least 2 individuals separately made such comments about Tesla owners. This is a lot considering another poster took up about 40% of the comments on those pages and then joined a Facebook page to give more hate to motorists.

I'll say it again. People who can't separate a product from the CEO are dim in my opinion. Some @ssholes are behind great and innovative products we should applaud. Other @ssholes would see Tesla burn because their ideology forces them to hate one person. Very dim.

Stay Free

I don't see any evidence on this thread of people who can't separate a product from a CEO, hence my view that this thread is not about peoples views of Elon Musk.

1) I was responding to another poster who mentioned it.

2) My comment was also broad based and not restricted to this thread (as explicitly explained above).

3) This thread was split from another where the lineage of the comment I replied to can be traced with ease. Go to the origin thread and see for yourself the evidence you can't see in the few posts here.

Stay Free

You start to notice that their are posters who's only interaction with the EV sub forum are to post anti Tesla media articles and then not to engage with posters who go through the articles points and tear through them.

This thread was split off from the general Tesla Talk thread as @SchrodingersCat seemed more focussed on arguing with @unkel about why he would still engage with a company that he's taken to court, and ignored any posters who addressed the points from the article that they posted.

I've tried to be pretty strict with people who come here to purely focus on Elon Musk instead of Tesla, I direct them to post in Current Affairs. Tesla's customer service here can be woeful, consumers should not need to quote distance selling rules or pursue legal avenues for restitution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Are we now allowed to discuss Court Cases? Was not allowed previously (for whatever reason I am unaware of)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement