Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home-schooled while waiting for a school place

Options
  • 30-07-2023 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We're moving to Dublin with our 8-year-old daughter in January. I'll apply to all primary schools in our catchment area (late application), but as you know most of them are usually full. Can I home school her until a school place becomes available? If it's for a period of 2 terms (until summer holidays) is she still entitled to a a school place as any other child? Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,771 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

What happened to the two places you were previously offered? You might find as she's starting into an older class that you will be ok and she'll get a place somewhere easy enough.

I'm sure there's no problem with homeschooling her. But you will have to register appropriately etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 summerEvenings

Hi again! We already declined the first school place and accepted the second. Unfortunately, we'll arrive later than expected (though not 100% sure yet), which means we may have to decline it again so another child can take it. I've had a look at the homeschool regulations, thanks! Just wanted to know if we can apply for a school place again in the spring of 2024.

Advertisement