Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casio's online from Ireland or in Dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2023 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

Like the retro feel , any legit sites or jewellers that stock a range of Casio's.

There are a few online ones but seem a bit dodgy.

Tictacarea site legit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I bought off https://www.watches2u.com/ recently and they were cheap for my particular g-shock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Crikey I ordered from them on Amazon and got an empty g shock box.

Checked their company reviews (not individual product review). A lot of people stung.

No way! I got a good deal, no tax either

Ok I went with the most sensible option...

AliExpress 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alannoone

thanks for the replies all.

Creation watches dont inspire confidence right now. initially shows a low price of 65 quid. select dhl shipping option for 8 euro & it also adds tax of 25 quid but when i click "pay" shipping jumps to 48 quid and the only option is to pay customs on delivery. I dont know what the final price will be and dont trust them at this point.

Watches2u only have 2 baby-g models, neither are the one i want, or close to it.

Amazon uk and de have it but wont ship to ireland.

AliExpress! nuff said!

• Advertisement

Surprisingly I got a Casio (amongst a good few other 'homage' watches) from AliExpress and was well pleased.

Everything was there, certs, Casio check screen, quality is Casio ... now in saying that it was a cheap enough A700 for €35 with codes (normally a bit dear everywhere else) . Don't know if I'd be spending €100+ ft or AExpress though!

https://shorturl.at/kpCF9

Do you have a product code for the baby g?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Surprised amazon Germany won't ship to Ireland. Surely both countries being in the EU should make it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm 100% sure they used to allow us to use amazon in other countries before. Definitely used Is it something they've stopped? Surely not right as amazon.co.uk isn't even in the EU?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It must depend on the item, I've had plenty of items from Germany delivered.

Maybe try .fr or .es too?

I've had Casio watches from the UK website delivered as recently as last week too, again it must be down to the seller.

amazon will ship when the item comes directly from them, but the watch in question on amazon is from a reseller (if that is the correct terminology) and they dont sell to ireland.

• Advertisement

Ive found that i can actually get it from creation for a predictable price, i just cannot use google pay.

If i use google pay, i cannot select DHL shipment and prepay for customs, instead it defaults to a shipment plan that costs 48 euros, and payment of customs on delivery.

if i enter a credit card, i can prepay customs. I dont know why this is but at least it means i can order from creation with a predictable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Have you considered ordering on the amazon.com site and having it shipped to the US An Post AddressPal address? Might give you a better idea of what the final costs will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would say to be careful buying really cheap Casio online, as I suspect I got a fake.

Now I'm not sure why fakers would go to the effort of faking really cheap watches?

I bought one of the 80s style retro Casio off ebay. It was half or less of what I'd have paid from Casio direct, and looks great, but keeps terrible time, which makes me suspect it's fake. There's no way Casio would build digital watches with such bad time keeping! You nearly need to reset it every week or two.

Yeah, loads of fake casio around. I assume it's because they make them for feck all and lots of people buy them. Definitely not worth getting one as a normal one is so cheap. There fake cocktail times, prx too. Lots of fake out there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Have never used them myself but looks legit. Ship from Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Has anyone seen a Casio GM-2100-1AER in a bricks and mortar stor ein Dublin? Ideally one taht takes one4all a sI have a few cards that I got for birthdays etc so figure its a good way to use them up.

Just seem to had awant for one for some reason???

https://g-shock.co.uk/gm-2100-1aer

I think I saw one in the window of H Samuels in Blanchardstown shopping centre. Their online store definitely doesn't list other casios / watches that are in the window. Might be worth a ring.

Weir and sons also do g shocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Thanks Treppen, as you said a call would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 A1ACo

Bannon Jewellers - in Frascati shopping centre, Blackrock Co. Dublin/ Main St. Bray, Co. Wicklow/ and Online, also carry Casio - bought myself a retro Casio A164WA in their shop a few weeks ago - a fun handy watch, useful too (re alarm and day / date), pretty cheap and was told are apparently quite popular!

I think i'll go back very soon and get myself the Black plastic 'Resin' version - Casio F91W - to finish the pair! (and I think I may have owned examples of them, or clones, when I was a kid back in their original day!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Classic bait n switch. You got the 'shock box'.

Advertisement