Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulock holder - bottle cage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The Hiplock DXF comes with a mount that screws into bottle cage bolt holes, that’s the only thing I can think of and would be a fair bit cheaper than the seatylok, but is a traditional ulock like your kryptonite so not sure if it’s any use for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This sounds good for carrying the Fahgettaboudit. I personally just lock my Fahgettaboudit through the rear rack and stop it moving with a small bungee cord, but that might not work for everyone. That Foldylock Forever is about the most secure folding lock, maybe joint first. Nowhere as secure as the Fahgettaboudit though.

https://www.bikelockwiki.com/huldit-bike-lock-holder-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

The foldylock works out at €159 from amazon USA after shipping and tax.

I prefer U locks myself but I'm tempted by that Foldylock as a touring bike lock. The Hiplock DXF does look good for a frame mount. You'd think they'd show on there own site how to lock it properly though! Wonder how much it rattles? I have an orange Krypotinite with a frame mount that is basically useless with the racket it makes. Have a heavier abus u lock that I just bungee on rear rack like tomasrojo or throw in a bag. If I buy another U lock it will probably be the Hiplock D1000 though is a beast and I don't really need that level of security as I don't live in Dublin any more.

Post edited by Ryath on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Thanks guys,

I bought both.

Got a few bikes and motorbikes

I find it very easy to justify buying what I like

I may have a problem :)

Advertisement