Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 291

Options
  • 28-07-2023 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Surprised no thread set up but I supposed thats the norm for this place these days.

Some card this weekend, think they could all be close fights:

Chiesa v Holland - think Holland might just be too big for him and will edge this

Ferguson vs Green - ferguson of 5 years ago wins this but father time calls so an easy win for Green

Wonderboy vs Pereira - cheeringon wonderboy but I think this is very close to call. Maybe Pereira wins this via pts

Jan v Pereira - this is about as 50-50 as they come. Think Jan wins. Why isn't this the main event though? No lightweight champ and Jan was in a draw for the belt.

Poirier vs Gaethje - think Justin stops him this and gets the finish. I think he is still improving and a much better fighter than last time albeit Dustin has gotten better also.

Ridiculous belt though, wish they would get rid of it. Then we could have had Jan vs Pereira for the title instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Wonderboy and pereira off. Pereira didn't make weight. No word of bumping a prelims up to the main yet. Shame would've been a good fight. Looking forward to this card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Lewis vs de Lima has been added to the main card now. Forgot he was fighting, expect de Lima to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lewis win was quality. The Brazilian needs to hand back that fake blackbelt.

I think Jan threw this one away in the second. Was winning the round and finished very badly.

Some flying knee by Lewis!

Yeah I thought he may have just got the decision with the take-down but his own fault, as you said was winning that 2nd round and then gave it away. Lucky to survive round 2 in the end.

Threw away round 2. Got a late takedown in the 3rd, but did nothing with it. I m’d say the split decision judge gave him the 3rd

• Advertisement

😬 😬 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Wow, what a headkick.

Lights out.

What a finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ferguson needs to be cut for his own good, and with his current "run " not sure a win over him means anything anymore sadly.

LHW is a grim division, they need to buy some fighters from bellator to add some much needed depth.

Justin has nothing for Islam but heh once Charles is dealt with that seems the obvious next title defense.

Advertisement