Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying vacant flat roofed property in Cork County built pre 1975

Options
  • 28-07-2023 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi ,

I am buying a flat roofed vacant property built pre 1975 that had a biocycle installed in the late 1990’s. There is a tiny stream along the boundary on the biocycle side . My fear is that the biocycle might be deemed to be too close to the stream now if I apply for planning to roof the building and add a small extension at the rear . There is no room for placement elsewhere as the site is very small . Thoughts appreciated . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You might not need planning permission to change the roof and add a small extension.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Not enough info. Get engineer/arch to carry out survey and specifically give you opinion on planning for extension etc.

you are right to be concerned about waste system.

any purchase should be subject to you resolving your query’s / planning grant etc.

Advertisement