Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 WorldSBK

Options
  • 28-07-2023 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Round eight of the 2023 Superbike World Championship from Most Czech Round was wet for the first 35 minutes of action today!

😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Good to see Rea win again.

Surprised to see him being linked to Yamaha. I wonder if Kawasaki don't have the upgrades required penned for next year.

I thought he signed on for 2 years and the expectation was a that the bike world be developed more. Wonder what Yamaha have to offer him. I don't think this would be a money thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The racing was great. More competitive than usual with the weather and the tyres

I think toseland is very good on commentary

Is the Kawasaki going to be more competitive going forward. It's not great seeing the likes of Rea and Marquez on inferior machines indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Johnny Rea off to Yamaha!

I thought the combination of Johnny and Phil Marron would be

a match made in heaven but Phil is off to BMW with Toprak.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

Rea must be desperate to get back to some form of winning! 🙃

• Advertisement

Ya can't blame him, that Kawasaki took a bit of nose dive in performance with the dicking around with RPM.

Or is Toprak at a different level. The combination of Bautista and the Ducati is phenomenal!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Tommy Bridewell is off to HRC and leaving his championship winning team PBM. Odd move, perhaps a money move.

Although, in Donnington after the two of the PBM guys crashed out, Glenn was being interviewed and said something along the lines of, I know who the team want to win the championship. Which would lead you to believe he wasn't well liked in the team. I dunno.

Glenn for the title next year. Gwan Glenn.

Also that means there's an empty seat at PBM pretty late in the day. Who's likely to take it? Rory Skinner? Haslam?

No doubt bridewell will be mouthing off saying he is going to win the championship on

a bike Glen couldn't.

He wasn't liked among the PBM guys because of shooting his mouth off. Honda must be

paying him well all the same. Can't see the Fireblade being competitive.

Advertisement