Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2023 Captains Weekend (SURVEY ONLY!)

Options
  • 27-07-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Captains day and final round for the Boards.ie golf society is in Killarney Golf and Fishing club on Saturday 2nd of September 2023. Tee times start from 12:30pm. The event is on the Mahony's point course.

A number of people are going up the day before and playing the highly regarded Kileen course and a number of tee times are booked on Friday 1st Sept starting 3pm. There was interest expressed in staying over on the Friday night too. Friday's game will be a separate fun event and is not counting for the Society Golfer of the year purposes)

Some twin-bed rooms for two people sharing have been booked at the CastleRosse hotel in Killarney (close to the course). I'm trying to finalise numbers for these.

Can all Golf Society members please fill out the following form if you are planning to make it to Killarney.

Further information:

• Friday 3pm+ tee off is the Kileen course. Rate is €65 - payable directly to the course, no jug points are on offer, just a bit of fun!
    • Saturday 12:30pm+ tee off O Mahony course. The big day! Rate is €50- payable on clubnet as per normal.
    • Twin rooms at Castlerosse hotel are booked the rate of €167.50 per person sharing. This is for 2 Nights and includes Bed & Breakfast.

FYI, a prior attempt was made to gather this information on surveymonkey earlier in the year. Sadly that blocks the return of submitted data with a paywall so we need everyone to please enter your details again into this Clubnet survey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Done. Will make the weekend of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Done, making the full weekend of it too. Great idea to get both courses in the two days, thanks RoadRunner.

Was hoping the Friday one would be counting to get to 5 on the year, and make a late run on the jug team!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

Filled in the survey. Looking forward to it. Plus my home club has a reciprocal arrangement with this course so I might get a freebie on the Friday.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Thank you everyone for filling in. I have a preliminary room list done up and an amount owing to both hotel and to me (society) for the deposit which is already paid.

I'm blurring names here. But before the event I'll reach out to everyone who has filled in the survey via non public means (whatsapp group / or direct message)

If there's anyone who hasn't yet filled out the survey and who wished to play and/or stay please do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Snackbox20

Done,

Looking forward to a great weekend and eating pizza at 3:00 in the morning 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

Also done, had hoped to get down for the Friday game but alas the kids being back in school and work commitments combined means it'll be an early start Saturday morning for me. Looking forward to it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

As a local to Killarney, ye will enjoy Mahoneys Point, some lovely holes there.

those getting Kileens in as well will get the championship experience.

a super choice for a captains event imo

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Will we invoiced for the deposit on clubnet or will we just pay you by revolut ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Snackbox20

Thank you @RoadRunner

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Should be able to get along for both days staying over Friday night, but will AirBnB it. Really looking forward to the two days :)

How do we book in a tee time for Killeen?

I have us booked for Killeen. We'll organise ourselves into 4 balls I think and we'll just need to remember to pay in separately.

Advertisement