Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never give up

Options
  • 26-07-2023 10:20pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today I found the birth surname of a Mary ancestor. She's my 3x great-grandmother and there's very little known about her.

The information comes from a first marriage of one of her children in a different parish, which I found by accident. The civil copy is very unclear but I knew it matched from the RootsIreland transcription. Last February I emailed the parish asking if they had a register with the mothers' names. They replied on Monday.

I've added Burke to the surname word cloud.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Great find!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Good stuff pinky.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Congratulations Pinky! You're right, never give up! I've stopped and stood several times when my nose was crunching into that familiar brick wall, but I always rejoin the search party!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Mullinabreena

Today I found out my Great Great Great Grandmother's Christian name and Maiden name and my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandmother's Christian and Maiden name through the 1851 census. I'm delighted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That’s a brilliant find - well done!!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fantastic!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Worth the wait, isn't it? Love success stories.

Advertisement