Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton shower

Options
  • 26-07-2023 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just installed a Triton easy fit...no water flow, when turned on.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Is there water,mains if a T80, and power to the shower?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What is the make & model of the old shower? I'm wondering if you took out a tank fed shower and installed the mains fed one by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Trebhygt

A Triton T90i...the new one is a Triton 80 easy fit.

It,s an open vented system...tank in the attic. I got the wrong type of shower ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Triton T90i is a pumped shower I believe, the T80 is a mains fed shower so has no pump and that's why nothing is coming out.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million.

Yes wrong type of shower. You will need a Triton t90sr

Is the Mira sprint 8.5kw ok to use...swapped for that today...Haven,t installed it yet.

• No, its not. "Suitable for Cold Mains Water Only"

Thanks for that...Will get the triton, t90sr. In a plumbing shop 2day and told them of my issues with the easy fit triton...they recommended the mira.🙂🙂 Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Doesn't say much for the staff in your local plumbing shop. I would expect them to have basic knowledge of the items that they are selling.

I agree...thanks again, at least now I know I am getting the right one.

Installed it today...Triton T90sr...followed instructions,bleeding/connecting hose/run on cold only...but just getting a trickle, I intermittently cover hose with palm of my hand in case an air lock, still just a trickle. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Sorted it, came across someone else with the same problem...sucked the hose from lowest possible position.🙂 Might help someone else.👍

Where is the flow restrictor on the Triton t90sr and is it removable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Don't think there is one on a pumped shower, if there was though it would likely be in the shower head (either the hose connection on the shower or the head)

Have you got a problem with the flow?? Presume the pump is running with the commissioning switch to "OFF".

The T90SR should flow 8LPM with the temperature control to fully cold. That should be more than adequate unless you want only tepid water on full power, at the present mains mains/tank temperature of 18C you require a flowrate of 5.9LPM to give a showering temp of 40C, at full flow of 8LPM the showering temp will only be 34C. (Shower on Full Power, 9.0kw).

Didn't know this....just thought with the restrictor out it would work the same, temp. etc. but an even stronger flow .

Thanks for that.

John G gives a reason why I should leave as is....wouldn't get full temperature with the restrictor out.

👍

You couldnt/shouldn't have any restrictor as the Pump pressure could then be too high causing the PRD, pressure relief device, to blow.

You can get a Triton shower that gives up to 14LPM of 40C water but this takes allready heated water from your HW cylinder and mixes it with cold. This would require 22kw if a electric shower which your house electrics couldn't supply as it requires almost 100 amps.

• Advertisement

Every day is a learning day...thanks for that info. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dam12

installed a new triton t90sr today, swapped an old t90sr. going the new commison process but when i turn on not getting any water flow. any ideas thansk

Assuming you didn't have the shower issue with the old shower, it's possible that the solenoid is faulty in the new shower. Swap solenoid coil with the old shower and see if it works.

Advertisement