Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Medical Certificate - fraud

Options
  • 26-07-2023 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

As the issuing of these is back in the news, I wonder if anyone has any experience of losing access to one? Please don’t think of me as a rat, I know someone who has one who is definitely not eligible. He most recently seen putting a new roof on a house. Before that he was building an extension in my area. He’s always bragging about free fuel and cheap cars. He’s never officially worked a day in his adult life. A few years ago we were refused one for my father. He was completely wheelchair bound at that stage. Consequently we/he couldn’t afford to replace his car with modifications and removing that independent had a massive affect on his mental health. I’ve no idea how aforementioned conman got one - he plays every scam there is and forgery is not beneath him. It maddens me to think of genuine cases not receiving this benefit and yet he can climb on roofs drives a very nice 22 reg car, wholly unsuited for a person with alleged disabilities, and manages 6 foreign holidays a year, often solo, and he has one. Who/how would I report him to? Is anyone aware of ppl losing one following a review?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mind your own business. Or write to the relevant departments for Social Welfare and Medical Cards. One or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ricardo-v2

If he is entitled to it fine. If he isn’t and someone that should have received one is denied - then that’s not fine! Laughing and boasting about it is just wrong.

And, as I said, you have two choices. Bitching about it anonymously online changes nothing. Nobody said it was fine and you said he wasn't entitled to it.

It wasn’t intended as a bitch/rant. I should have asked the questions clearer - has anyone ever heard of certs being taken away and to whom is it reported to - revenue or HSE? I’ll take my queries elsewhere.

Of course benefits have been taken away. Department of Social Protection and The HSE. As I said, write to them if you're inclined, or let it go. There's no middle ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

How are you so sure its his name is on the cert, It could be for his wife or other family members

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clair 22

I have recently been awarded PMC, I can assure you, there is no way it would have been awarded to anyone who is even walking more than a few feet with mobility aids, I live in excruciating pain and my mobility is near zero, even in that state, it was a 2 year long road waiting. I can understand anyone being disgruntled thinking someone is abusing having a PMC, but again it's more than unlikely that's the case.

said individual was investigated and it has been removed. I’ve no idea how it was awarded in the first place when it’s so difficult to get in the first place.

Advertisement