Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recommendation for work/moderate gaming

Options
  • 26-07-2023 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need to buy a new laptop for work, not too heavy a workload, though possibly some moderate data crunching in Python.

I'd like something I could also use for moderate gaming. My current desktop is a 10 year old self build with a Xeon E3-1230 and a GTX770, I'd be happy enough with something that level on the gaming side, I'll probably replace/upgrade the desktop as my main gaming machine

Probably be plugged into an external monitor most of the time so screen size isn't a huge issue. Might need to lug it to/from the office a few days a week so portability trumps screen size.

Probably need to be Windows based for work (although I might look at dual booting it into Linux). Happy enough sourcing the OS myself if necessary.

16GB RAM is probably the min I'd need.

For budget around 1200 ex VAT, though might have some wiggle room above that

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

Advertisement