Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the wild birds?

Options
  • 26-07-2023 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭

Hi, I used to feed multiple wild birds in my Knocklyon garden but stopped for a year or so due to other commitments.

Anyway I set the feeders up again 10 days ago and still very low numbers attending.

I have peanuts, sunflower hearts, mixed seed feed, black sunflower seeds, fat balls, peanut granules.

All up in feeders and a caged bird table with a mixture of all on it. I have a constant electric pumped birdbath that has been kept running even though I wasn't feeding.

Just the time of year? Enough insect and other natural food available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Yep - time of year with plenty of natural food available plus its harvest season so seed eating birds have plenty to dine on in tillage areas

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It can take a while for birds to start feeding again after stopping for a long time like that. Have patience, they'll return, but as Birdnuts said, at this time of the year with plentiful natural food supplies it can take a bit longer.

Advertisement