Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New publicly funded IVF scheme

Options
  • 25-07-2023 5:13pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lots of discussion around the newly announced fertility scheme today. It seems to have fairly narrow parameters at the moment (not unexpected I suppose). You wouldn't want to be relying on it to have a good shot at IVF basically. I think it's a positive that you do it via private clinics at least at the start so you can do your own round, then a publicly funded round and if sadly that hasn't worked you can continue with the same clinic with all of your notes and protocols etc.

I'd imagine there will be a lot of kickback that same sex couples are excluded but this has been explained by legislation being needed to use donor materials and includes single women and heterosexual couples needing donor eggs or embryos. It's too late for me but I hope that this will help some couples to conceive.

Advertisement