Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenging Parking fine

Options
  • 25-07-2023 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,

Got a letter last year saying that I had parked opposite a continuous white line and a fine had been issued by a Garda.

Checked the location and I had never been there. So I checked with my local station and they advised to contact the NPO

They said to send in pics of my car and that they would confirm the reg that was taken at the time

The reg in the book is mine but 100% I wasn't there.

I found that a location up the road from my house has CCTV and confirmed my car was there on the day and time in question ( couldn't give me a copy for Data protection )and so I advised the NPO about that.

They said the sergeant had a look at the case and was confident they were correct.

Had a chat with the local Garda station again and they said you could go to court and plead your case.

In the meantime, Ive seen no evidence such as a photo. Private clampers would have a load of photos and the CCTV would be wiped at this stage.

Ive also discovered that a reg 181D12345 is the same make, model and colour as me but my reg is 171D12345 ( the year is out by one. Reg is not real )

Just back from court and now it is set for a date in November.

Any advice of what is going to happen proceedings-wise. All new to me or is this a case of getting legal advise.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Not 100% sure but under GDPR aren't you entitled to a copy of any video that shows your car?

Anyway I would ask that they retain a copy of the video as it may be needed as evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You’re certainly entitled to a copy of any video that shows you, so presuming that you parked the car and walked away, you are entitled to a copy of that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,117 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

OP thinks the video has already been deleted. No harm in asking, though.

Advertisement