Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystalising a zombie loss?

Options
  • 25-07-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've a question about how to dispose of an old shareholding in a company which although still trading has very little volume these days.

The company in question is Range Resource Ltd (Australia), now known as Star Phoenix Group, a blast from the past and a warning to us all. I invested (unwisely) a decent sum of money in them over the years, and when I finally realised the error of my ways, was down a good few bob :(

What I want to do now is crystalise them, to take the loss to offset it against some other better performing investments. I had left the company for so long, that I thought they were gone out of business, so would be able to claim the loss that way. However, as the company is still in business, other than selling the shares, is there anyway that I can dispose of them or claim the loss so that I can use it in the future?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Comments

Advertisement